|Project 1- Using 1.5mm Plywood|

This week I created a design inspired by Emma Dahlquist. Her work also encouraged me to use a 1.5mm plywood. The boxed design worked really well, creating some great shadows when photographed. When curved the sample created texture and defintion, however these were the only properties the sample held. After spending hours writing my essay my eyes were drawn to the simple lined pattern on the paper I was writing on. However this made me experience visual stress and made me feel like there was movement on the page. This lead me to consider how I could reflect and capture this experience through my design and processes to create the same quality in my sample. Not only did this sample have the ability to twist, fold, bend and stretch, it also had the abilty to create movement. This design surprised me in how much it could do and still keep its properties of stability. Not only is this pushing what wood can do, it is giving me a feeling of excitement about how I can develop this further.Within my second project I intend to push this design forward and hopefully focus on how this could be put into a context.
Boxed Design Sample- Top two Images Using 1.5mm Plywood 

Back'2' Back Line Design Using 1.5mm Plywood 

Comments

Popular Posts