| Initial First&Second Week |

Concept,Inspiration,Context 

 


Moving forward from these boards created over the summer, I went on to search for everyday objects which stayed within the pastel paper colours. I chose a pastel colour palette as this was inspired by the coloured paper which is used to help dyslexic people with visual stress. With the aim of creating digital prints, I went into the photography white room studio, keeping in mind my concept of dyslexia and more specifically my struggles with organisation skills.
Colour Blocking|Placement|White Photo-studio



Houdering|White Photography Studio 




Two Sides|Colour Block|White Photography Studio 
 What worked well was the quality of my images and the colour blocking and the proportion of colour was also a big strength.

If I was to repeat photographing for this project I would remove objects and keep the idea of colour blocking. I then went on to heat press my digital prints onto a variety of synthetic materials.
Wanting to re-visit my experimentation from 2nd year with embossing which didn’t work, I tried 2 attempts at different thicknesses of wood and using 6mm wood worked much better than just 3mm wood. I tried both circular and geometric shaped designs and the most effective was circular. I will aim to work with much larger scale embossment and will increase the size of my digital prints from A4 to A3. Images below show the embossment created with wood.
Embossing A4| Circles 

I will also increase the scale of my laser designs in order to see if the geometric design will be successful. 

Comments

Popular Posts