| Project 1- Discovering Strengths |

The past four weeks have made me realise my weaknesses and made me remember my strengths throughout the past projects; working with wood being one of them. So moving forward from the past four weeks I have been revisiting and understanding the living hinge.
|Initial Sample- Attempt To Create Living Hinge  

I liked the outcome of the designs on the plywood using the laser cutter I admired the geometric and linear qualities and the repetitive patterns. However, it was not achieving the flexibility of a living hinge. Each individual shape needs to be closer and interlock to change the properties of the wood. I have also been in wood work where i have been carving into wood to create texture and shape and to see if i could take any of these mark making forward.




 I intend to experiment with this throughout the next week.

Comments

Popular Posts