|Project 2-Screen Printing Onto Wood-Applying Colour|

With the intention to print onto wood and not having any past experience using the screen printing room, as well as having limited time to produce work, I posted on Creative Students on Facebook to see if I could collaborate with someone who had this knowledge. However, this became more of a discussion around how I made my work, rather than collaborating with anyone. By negotiating with staff and my tutor, I managed to get onto an induction for screen-printing onto hard materials a week before hand in. This tested my organisational skills and planning to meet targets. Looking back at my attraction to blocked colours and simple shapes, I kept my designs simple due to time restraints.I also experimenting with submerging colour together and the screen printing this created something which could be developed into something interesting. They worked impressively well, distorting my design when the wooden fabric was manipulated. This linked to my idea of dyslexia in the way that text or certain images distort or move on paper.
In unit X I want to experiment more with printing onto wood and spending more time on a colour palette.


Images below showing My Screen Printing Sampling:







Mixture Of Colour 

Circle Distort Sample



Close Up Of Screen Printing 

Close Up Of Screen Printing


Comments

Popular Posts